Limit to the maximum number of player models?

Greetings,

I’ve recently discovered this ioquake project and after having tested it for a few days, I have to say that it’s a really cool port which works well on modern systems.

However, one of the reasons why I switched from my original 1.32 to this is because of the limit of custom player models that can be displayed in the game menu ( setup -> player-> model), the game can only display in around 10 pages of models. After that, when adding new models as .pk3 files in baseq3, they are not visible in this menu and the only way of using them is through command line, which is not practical to manage or simply see them.

Is there any way to increase/bypass this limit to display more models?

Bonus question : There was the same limit for the number of maps “displayable” in the skirmish menu in 1.32, is this limit still there too ?

I’ve already tried to increase the hunkmegs variable in .cfg file which caused errors while displaying too many models when set too low, but it didn’t help

Thanks in advance for your help !

Increasing the maximum player models shown in the menu requires code changes.

The map limit in the skirmish menu was increased from ~90 to ~300. This is only increased if you use the ioq3 UI. It requires an ioq3 test build and setting vm_ui cvar to 0 on Windows and macOS to load baseq3\uix86_64.dll or baseq3/uix86_64.dylib. GNU/Linux test build includes baseq3/vm/ui.qvm so no vm_ui change needed. Set vm_ui to 2 to restore default behavior of only loading QVMs.

Ok. Too bad the limit of maps in the skirmish menu could have been increased but not the maximum amount of player models.

Anyway, thank you for your answer and have a nice day :slight_smile: