Ioq3 Assertion Failed on several maps

Hi, everyone.
I study the Q3 modding with the book “Focus on mod programming in Quake III Arena”
Just passed the second lesson with modifying the shotgun.
Everything was fine, before today. Today I tried to play with the modified *.dll files on the Q3DM19 map, and faced this…:

IKLLbGNuP4s

If I press the “ignore” button several times, it goes away and I can continue play in game, but it happens over and over again…
This error only happens if I start game with such settings:
ioquake3.x86_64.exe +set sv_pure 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_game 0

If I play without them, the game doesn’t show this error.
Can anbody, please, explain how to fix it or what to do with it? I didn’t even touch any processes in *.exe yet :anguished:
I’ve seen such error only playing in Q3DM19 and Q3TOURNEY6 maps.

P.S. I’m using Windows 10

Upd: I don’t think that any of my experiments entailed this error, because I also didn’t touch the q_math.c. Can it be a bug in ioquake3?

That assert() occurs periodically. I’ve never managed to get it to happen under a debugger to get a backtrace to find the cause.

On Linux the game immediately exits when the assert fail. If you were able to record a demo and have the assert occur, skip the assert, and then stoprecord the demo afterward that might help find the cause.

Well or see what the “Retry” button does since the message says it will debug from there?

Thanks for the reply, zturtleman

I’ve found out what’s the problem was with it. It was crashing because I used “Debug” for *.dll compiling, needs to compile via “Release”.

I don’t have this problem now, hence I can’t check the “Retry”, but as far as I remember, if I pressed it, nothing changed and error was still shown