Hello guys (and girls?),
i am very interested in the (now not so) new gl2 renderer - at least in doing a demonstration map with homebrewed textures, utilising all features available (bump/specular/parallax - are there any more?).
At best i will start doing a 10th aniversary revival of "Chili Quake XXL" (a graphics mod for Q3A).
I did find this documentation https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3/blob/master/opengl2-readme.md
Yet this throws up some questions for me:
- are there new shader keywords to be used, e.g. for cubemaps or even refraction/reflection effects?
- what would be the optimal q3map2 settings for such a map, e.g. -keeplights -deluxe and so on?
- have any limits changed? e.g. texturesize, .md3 verticecount, map specific maximums?
- are there new supported formats for either models or textures?
- are realtime shadows currently useable?
- does r_smp work for multicore machines in ioq3?
Thanks in advance, i hope someone finds the time to answer at least some of the questions.
PS: i am willing to contribute that map to ioq3, if a creative commons license is sufficient for that purpose.