Point Release files are missing error

Hello. First off, thank you SO MUCH for this project. I’m an old Quake III Arena player and have gotten back into playing as of late on quakejs, but wanted to run the client natively on my M1 MBP. I am running into an issue. I downloaded the Universal 2 binary and placed the pak0 and pak1.pk3 files from my original Q3 Arena disk into the /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Quake3/baseq3 folder. When I open the binary, a crashlog is generated with the following contents:

tty console mode disabled
ioq3 1.36_GIT_96db7a06-2021-07-19 macosx-arm64 Sep 12 2021
----- FS_Startup -----
We are looking in the current search path:
/Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Quake3/baseq3
/Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Quake3/baseq3/pak1.pk3 (7 files)
/Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Quake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3 (3539 files)
/Applications/ioquake3.app/Contents/MacOS/baseq3
/Applications/baseq3

3546 files in pk3 files

WARNING: baseq3/pak1.pk3 is present but its checksum (880411042)
is not correct. Please re-install the point release

Point Release files are missing. Please re-install the 1.32 point release. Also check that your ioq3 executable is in the correct place and that every file in the “baseq3” directory is present and readable

Any idea for correction? Appreciate your assistance.

You can download a zip file containing all the patch pk3s for Quake 3 (baseq3/pak[1-8].pk3) and Team Arena (missionpack/pak[1-3].pk3) at Patch Data – ioquake3 after agreeing to the license.

The core required data file baseq3/pak0.pk3 and (optional, only required for Team Arena expansion) missionpack/pak0.pk3 are available from the Quake 3 or Team Arena CD-ROM or a digital retailer.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you for the quick reply and SUCCESS! I feel so young :slight_smile: .

I would like to show my appreciation by making a financial donation to the project if that is available.

1 Like

Nice you got it to work.

There is a sponsor button on ioq3’s GitHub project that links to different donation methods.

1 Like