I was checking this file, and I was wondering if you are planning to add some specific features from version for MorphOS to your project.
Is it possible?
"* = finished
- = not finished
* Make savegames work.
* AHI shutdown issue * buttons for opening doors do not work * ObjectID should never be byteswapped (md5_buffer should though) * Crash : seems gfx related * gluBuild2DMipmaps in TinyGL seem unstable or I am using it wrong. Problem seem to be gone now that I am using my own code to generate mipmaps. - Flickering background on loading screens
* Proper Morphos/AmigaOS name and version string embedded in the exe
* byteswapping macros should only be doing something when building for PPC targets (in case you would want to build this on x86) * Make sure that it works with both the old "Gold Edition" and the latest "Classic2000" from Steam. * Test if it works works with "Aliens vs Predator Classic Redux" hi-res mod * IT LOOKS F*CKING AWESOME! - look into fixing the crash when using modded avp_huds/marweap.rif (it crashes PC version of GoldEd as well) (marine hud is messed up without loading this rif file so it needs a fix or a mod of the mod) (texturesize limit is useful when running this mod, especially for gfx cards with little VRAM) * Texture rescaling (useful for AvP Redux mod, original game is max 256x256 anyways) - expose to graphics options menu - honor texture size limitation of gfxcard - Make it build and run on AmigaOS4 - need to buy an AmigaOS4 computer - Sam440/460 with Radeon 9200? - Networked play need complete implementation. Prefferably compatible with Classic 2000 version.
* Double check that culling is properly working and not still disabled from earlier debugging.
* Disable software clipping of partially-inside triangles, it is likely to be faster to just render them as-is. * Generate and use mipmaps * Support creating 16bit texture instead of always converting to 32bit - Add a "medium" setting for 16bit + 32bit alpha textures - Add performance timers and a simple profiler to find bottlenecks - Optimize OpenGL renderer in general
* Better message when missing data files * Option to install game data files from any location - Add a nice picture on the first installation message window - Option to rip Audio CD2 to .ogg or .bnk audio files * get rid of logfile spamming * Add "sourcepackage" target to Makefile * Create Aminet readme files * Make sure the command shell never shows up when running the game from Workbench * auto grab mouse on startup * remove annoying keyboard debounce delay when operating the audio volume sliders in menus * modernize inputs * make default keybindings similar to modern shooters - add reload-ammo action and keybind for Marine * FMV playback * build and link the game with libavcodec from ffmpeg * streamline build rules to make libs that only include what avp needs for playing bink, smacker and ogg. * get rid of log output from libav * implement out-of-game fmv sequences (cutscenes+menu background) * video * audio * implement ingame videoscreen fmv sequences * video * audio * Music playback * Classic2000 - bink audio playback * Add menu+profile option to disable music * Music volume controllable from menu option * Test that it works ok without the music files - Gold Edition - ogg vorbis playback - installer should be able to rip the music from AudioCD2 - Graphics: * Remake video settings menu * Add Texture quality option (32/16bpp) * Add Mipmap option * Add Fullscreen/windowed option - Enumerate video modes instead of hardcoded list - save resolution as width/height instead of an index to the resolution list - properly support widescreen resolutions (horizontal FOV change - beware the clipper) - get rid of frontend software rasterizer and replace with OpenGL. (frontend would no longer be locked to 640x480x16bpp) (gets rid of unprofessional looking mode-switch between frontend and game) (a good compromise would be to let the frontend just draw to an opengl texture) - Adjust ingame credits on loadtime to add linux+aros+openal+morphos etc. credits. - Get rid of SDL dependencies, it is only used for window/input/menu drawing - window/input message loop -> native - menu drawing -> rasterize to opengl texture - MUI launcher for changing settings ahead of time"