I was checking this file, and I was wondering if you are planning to add some specific features from version for MorphOS to your project.
Is it possible?
"* = finished
- = not finished
* Make savegames work.
* AHI shutdown issue
* buttons for opening doors do not work
* ObjectID should never be byteswapped (md5_buffer should though)
* Crash : seems gfx related
* gluBuild2DMipmaps in TinyGL seem unstable or I am using it wrong.
Problem seem to be gone now that I am using my own code to generate mipmaps.
- Flickering background on loading screens
* Proper Morphos/AmigaOS name and version string embedded in the exe
* byteswapping macros should only be doing something when building for PPC targets (in case you would want to build this on x86)
* Make sure that it works with both the old "Gold Edition" and the latest "Classic2000" from Steam.
* Test if it works works with "Aliens vs Predator Classic Redux" hi-res mod
* IT LOOKS F*CKING AWESOME!
- look into fixing the crash when using modded avp_huds/marweap.rif (it crashes PC version of GoldEd as well)
(marine hud is messed up without loading this rif file so it needs a fix or a mod of the mod)
(texturesize limit is useful when running this mod, especially for gfx cards with little VRAM)
* Texture rescaling (useful for AvP Redux mod, original game is max 256x256 anyways)
- expose to graphics options menu
- honor texture size limitation of gfxcard
- Make it build and run on AmigaOS4
- need to buy an AmigaOS4 computer - Sam440/460 with Radeon 9200?
- Networked play need complete implementation. Prefferably compatible with Classic 2000 version.
* Double check that culling is properly working and not still disabled from earlier debugging.
* Disable software clipping of partially-inside triangles, it is likely to be faster to just render them as-is.
* Generate and use mipmaps
* Support creating 16bit texture instead of always converting to 32bit
- Add a "medium" setting for 16bit + 32bit alpha textures
- Add performance timers and a simple profiler to find bottlenecks
- Optimize OpenGL renderer in general
* Better message when missing data files
* Option to install game data files from any location
- Add a nice picture on the first installation message window
- Option to rip Audio CD2 to .ogg or .bnk audio files
* get rid of logfile spamming
* Add "sourcepackage" target to Makefile
* Create Aminet readme files
* Make sure the command shell never shows up when running the game from Workbench
* auto grab mouse on startup
* remove annoying keyboard debounce delay when operating the audio volume sliders in menus
* modernize inputs
* make default keybindings similar to modern shooters
- add reload-ammo action and keybind for Marine
* FMV playback
* build and link the game with libavcodec from ffmpeg
* streamline build rules to make libs that only include what avp needs for playing bink, smacker and ogg.
* get rid of log output from libav
* implement out-of-game fmv sequences (cutscenes+menu background)
* implement ingame videoscreen fmv sequences
* Music playback
* Classic2000 - bink audio playback
* Add menu+profile option to disable music
* Music volume controllable from menu option
* Test that it works ok without the music files
- Gold Edition - ogg vorbis playback
- installer should be able to rip the music from AudioCD2
* Remake video settings menu
* Add Texture quality option (32/16bpp)
* Add Mipmap option
* Add Fullscreen/windowed option
- Enumerate video modes instead of hardcoded list
- save resolution as width/height instead of an index to the resolution list
- properly support widescreen resolutions (horizontal FOV change - beware the clipper)
- get rid of frontend software rasterizer and replace with OpenGL.
(frontend would no longer be locked to 640x480x16bpp)
(gets rid of unprofessional looking mode-switch between frontend and game)
(a good compromise would be to let the frontend just draw to an opengl texture)
- Adjust ingame credits on loadtime to add linux+aros+openal+morphos etc. credits.
- Get rid of SDL dependencies, it is only used for window/input/menu drawing
- window/input message loop -> native
- menu drawing -> rasterize to opengl texture
- MUI launcher for changing settings ahead of time"