Event Play Server Settings (LAN)

Hello All,

Hoping some of you more experienced guys could help me out with some server settings.

So I am in the process of building a small 4 player LAN setup that will be used at events by the general public.

I have downloaded around 30 maps to keep things interesting and have them working on a rotation but I am trying to figure out the best settings to use as I want to make this as easy to “sit down and play” as possible.

Ideally what I would like to do is have it so if only 1 out of 4 are playing the bots come in which I have them doing by default using the “sets bot_minplayers 4” command.
Obviously the issue with this is if one person decides to stop playing the bot will not come back on to replace them without the player exiting the game completely which I would rather they not do.

I could also just up the player count to 8 I guess so there is always a minimum of 4 bots regardless of how many players are actually in game.

Have any of you guys done somthing like this before and have some settings you feel worked well?

The ones I currently have set are as follows:

fraglimit 20
g_forcerespawn 0
timelimit 10
cg_drawCrosshairNames 1
sv_hostname LAN Party
sets sv_cheats 0
set cl_motd 1
set g_motd “Welcome to the LAN Party!”
g_motdDuration 20
sets g_warmup 20
sets bot_minplayers 4

Thanks for your time! :smiley:

1 Like

Hmm, I bet someone could make a mod to add an afk timer, server side, that moves the player to a spectator role after a set period of inactivity.

That would be a great way to do it!