Engine runs at less than 1 FPS on Windows XP

Ok, so I’ve been converting the Quake III Arena installs on all my machines from id Tech 3 to ioquake3, but on one of my machines, my only Windows XP one, the game runs everything at less than 1 frame per second.

I’m not talking about just in game, either! The logo animation runs slow, the movies run slow, and I can’t even type things into the console at a reasonable framerate. I don’t know what’s going on, if there might be a bugfix for this that I havn’t heard about, but I’d really like to know what’s going on.

My other two machines run Windows 7, and ioquake3 gave them a 5-10 FPS boost, but the engine is really dying on XP. The task manager says that it’s using less that 5% of my cpu power when idling, so maybe my GPU is too old. My computer is an HP Compaq 6510b, my CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1.8GHz, my GPU is an Intel GMA X3100 atop the Intel 965 Chipset Family.

Thanks in advance for any help I get about this

Sorry for the late reply.

Do other 3D accelerated games run?

What version are you using?
Please make sure to use a test build:

It sounds like your video chip on that machine doesn’t provide hardware rendering and you’re getting software rendering instead. You might want to check with the HP/Compaq megalith and find out if they have an updated video card driver.

I can run Quake III Arena with the standard engine, it’s ioquake3 that’s running slow. It’s utilizing less than 5% of my cpu, too. I also have the latest drivers; I did a system wide megaupdate 3 weeks ago.

I’ll try the test build though, thanks.