Debug build with VS2015 for x64

I am having some difficulty compiling ioQuake3 with debug config for x64. Release builds fine but I get errors with opus files like this one:

1>VQ_WMat_EC.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CrtDbgReportW referenced in function silk_VQ_WMat_EC
1>opus_decoder.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CrtDbgReportW
1>opus_encoder.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CrtDbgReportW

I have googled this and have tried many different solutions to no avail. All other projects build fine for x64, however getting it to run has been problematic.

When ran I get an error that says:
recursive error after: programStack corrupted in compiled code.

So it certainly looks like my environment isn’t configured right for x64. Would appreciate any help someone may offer other then some hipster anti VS rhetoric.

Thanks in advanced.

Fixed my problems here.

Was actually trying to compile with a release versioned lib. Once changed to the debug version then the error cleared up.

The other issue about the stack was due to the ui, game, and cgame dlls not having the correct name.

1 Like

I’m not sure the visual studio projects are up to date, I’d recommend you go with How to build ioquake3 using Cygwin

Thanks for the reply! However, I have it compiling perfectly in VS2015 both x86 and x64 so I will take a rain check on that. Silly oversights probably due to being dead tired.

At any rate, ioquake3 is looking and running great even after all these years. You guys have done a great job on keeping it up.

1 Like