Compiling source with VS2013 express

Hello Everyone!
I’m not sure if that is the right place to ask the following question;

I downloaded the source code of Ioquake3. I followed the insturctions in wiki to compile the source code with visual studio 2008.

I opened the solution and after VS 2013 convert it from VS 2008 to VS 2013. I launched the compile, but I got the following errors:

1. ftola.obj : error LNK2026: module unsafe for SAFESEH image
  2. snapvector.obj : error LNK2026: module unsafe SAFESEH image
  3. MSVCRT.lib(wcrtexew.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol in function ___tmainCRTStartup
  4. …\build\quake3_release\ioquake3.x86.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved external

For first and second error: I add /SAFESEH:NO to linker but other errors remain.

Can anyone help me to compile the source code on Windows?

Thank you.

The visual studio projects aren’t really maintained…

If you’re not intending to modify the code you can always download the latest build from:

If you are planing on changing the source I would recommend install Cygwin and building from within there.

Thanks for your help. That is what I need. At this moment I don’t need to modify the source code.
Thank you.

You can find a 2013 compatible project here: https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3/pull/51

Not to discount the wonderful work you’ve done with ioRTCW, but this whole anti-MSVC / delete all the project files out of the source tree, keeps people from working with and testing the projects.

I’ve come across several instances where ioquake3 (64-bit) and iortcw (64-bit), built with cygwin/MinGW crashes…and guess what can’t help with the debugging part.

I don’t use it and neither does anyone else that contributes to it. Hence, it wouldn’t be tested or maintained so there’s not much point in having it there.

If ioquake3 wants to maintain a MSVC project, that’s fine…I don’t.

There are debuggers other than MSVC.

None that are as good. :slight_smile: