This may be exactly an ioquake3 problem, but I am hoping someone has seen this issue and knows how to fix it.
When I run “ioquake3” I get this…
[root@localhost Setup]# ioquake3
ioq3 1.36 linux-x86_64 Jan 9 2013
Have SSE support
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak6.pk3 (64 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak5.pk3 (7 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak4.pk3 (272 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak3.pk3 (4 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak2.pk3 (148 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak1.pk3 (26 files)
/usr/share/ioquake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3 (3539 files)
4060 files in pk3 files
Point Release files are missing. Please re-install the 1.32 point release. Also check that your ioq3 executable is in the correct place and that every file in the “baseq3” directory is present and readable
Someone had me do some kind of an update on ioquake3, which I found it already had the point release.
So I got the following…
[root@localhost .q3a]# sh linuxq3apoint-1.32b-3.x86.run
Verifying archive integrity… All good.
Uncompressing Quake III Arena Point Release 1.32b…
This installation doesn’t support glibc-2.1 on Linux / x86_64
(tried to run setup)
Please contact Id software technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
The setup program seems to have failed on x86_64/glibc-2.1
I am using Mageia 4 64 bit, I think this maybe a 64 bit issue from things I have read. I tried to install on Wine and it gives me fits too.