What's going on with the project?

hi, I checked out the website and didn’t find any information about the project, I heard there were some new, better shaders created for doom 3 (but I have no idea how to use them in order to replace the existing doom 3 shaders, the directory gl2progs does not exist in the original doom 3 and the code looks very different) are they only working on the iodoom3 version of doom 3 ?

is it possible to compile iodoom3 windows EXE ? I see there are no releases, who can provide instructions to compile a windows version from the git repository ? is the version in the git repository functional at all at this point ? because I haven’t seen any new information since 2013

I have a good collection of graphics mods for this game, the very latest and the very greatest, those new shaders would improve graphics considerably from I understand, is the sikkmod shader pack compatible with the iodoom3 project ? are any of the original .vfp files compatible with it ? is the original doom 3 content compatible with iodoom3 ? is modified doom 3 content compatible ?

I don’t know anything about new shaders (though I don’t really follow the doom 3 scene). The iodoom3 project has not taken off (yet?). Consider using dhewm3 instead. It is doom3 content compatible. You may notice dhewm3 is inactive too, I think this is due to people moving to RBDOOM-3-BFG. It is only compatible with Doom 3 BFG Edition however.

new shaders: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAyMzM
there appear to be no precompiled binaries for windows in iodoom3 or dhewm3, how can I test these projects ?

doom 3 bfg is a bad joke in terms of graphics when compared to all the hard work that modders have done on doom 3, and the worst part is that those mods are not compatible with doom 3 bfg, to put things into perspective, doom 3 with mods takes almost 3 GB of video memory per map when running